The International Glaciological Society is registered as a charity in the United Kingdom with the Charity Commissioners, No. 231043. Founded in 1936 for everyone interested in the science of snow and ice.
- Journal of Glaciology
- Annals of Glaciology
- ICE, the news bulletin of the IGS
- Forthcoming IGS symposia and other meetings of interest
- We are very saddened by the news that Gordon Hamilton, from the University of Maine, died in a tragic accident while doing fieldwork in the Antarctic. Gordon was a long standing member of the IGS and Chief Editor of Annals of Glaciology volume 41. Here are details of what happend and here is a link to an obituary that appeared in the New York Times.
- Online abstract submission is now closed for the International Symposium on ‘The Cryosphere in a Changing Climate’, to be held 12–17 February 2017, in Wellington, New Zealand.
- The IGS has now moved office in Cambridge! We are now located within the British Antarctic Survey building and our mailing address is now: High Cross, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0ET. All other contact details remain the same.
Society members will be saddened to learn of the passing of Professor David Collins on 8 September 2016. Details of his funeral can be found here.
Online registration for the International Symposium on ‘The Cryosphere in a Changing Climate’, to be held 12–17 February 2017, in Wellington, New Zealand. is now open. You will find the Second Circular on the same page.
CALL FOR PAPERS. The Council of the IGS has decided to publish a thematic issues of the Annals of Glaciology on 'The Cryosphere in a Changing Climate'. Please view the 'Call for papers' for this particular issue. The deadline for paper submission is 9 January 2017.
- The new issue of ICE (170) is now available on line to members
- Visit our IGS merchandise page