The IGS Global Seminar Series is the brainchild of Tavi Murray. At the beginning of the first UK lockdown, Tavi realised that with so many events being cancelled or postponed there was a need for somewhere where scientists could meet and discuss their science.
The first talk was given by Helen Fricker on Wednesday 15th April (+1 in Australia/Japan) 2020. As of 26th of October 2022 there will have been 100 talks.
We are live on Zoom every Wednesday (well, almost every Wednesday).
- Please register in advance for the seminars – it seems that you can’t register during the seminar itself.
- Using your work email would make Tavi’s life really easy. https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAvd-isrD4oE9Tp_hTpo8_8XOLhaoS2AkZQ
- If you have already registered you should be able to use the same link as the previous week.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the seminar.
- Once you have registered please check the link (you should see the waiting room).
Any issues, drop an e-mail to the moderator, Tavi Murray an email and she’ll try to help you. There’s a short question to answer – please tell Tavi enough to accept you! She’ll be doing that manually, so just be kind and make it obvious… (I’m a PhD student with X… for example).
The seminar will also be live-streamed to the IGS Facebook page so that you can watch it afterwards if technology fails or you can’t make it!
All previous Seminars can be accessed via the ‘Event’ dropdown menu <Events->Past IGS Global Seminars>
London – 9pm
Europe – 10pm
East Coast US – 4pm
West Coast US – 1pm
Australia – 6am
Tokyo – 5am