Registration now open (click here).
FEMS Microbial Ecology invites participants to PAM 2022 to submit manuscripts that include work presented at the 9th International Conference on Polar and Alpine Microbiology to a Thematic Issue on Polar and Alpine Microbiology (details are available here); target submission deadline of Jan 31st 2023.
We cannot offer a hybrid mode option for participation but aim to stream selected talks each day for free, to broaden the audience.
The Potsdam meeting will be a continuation of the eight highly successful previous meetings of this conference series.
The objective of the Potsdam meeting is to bring together researchers from all over the world to discuss various aspects of microbial diversity, function and activity related to cold-adapted microorganisms in polar and alpine environments. Our aim is to foster discussions about recent developments in the field and to exchange ideas and experiences on an international scale.
The meeting will cover different aspects of polar and alpine microbiology:
- Microbial diversity and biogeography in permafrost environments
- Metabolic activity at subzero temperature
- Mechanisms of microbial adaptation and survival in permafrost environments
- Permafrost astrobiology
- Plant-microbe interaction
- Microbial communities and global change
- Carbon and nitrogen turnover
- Microbial gene pool of cold environments
- Biotechnology for cyrospheric microorganisms
- Eukaryotic microbial diversity (e.g. algae and fungi)
- Viruses in polar and alpine environments
We are looking forward to meeting you in Potsdam in October 2022.