Founded in 1936 for everyone interested in the science of snow and ice
- Journal of Glaciology
- Annals of Glaciology
- ICE, the news bulletin of the IGS
- Forthcoming IGS symposia and other meetings of interest
- Historical note on glaciology and nanotechnology, by John F. Nye
- The new issue of ICE (issue 167) is now available on line to members
- Preliminary program for the Cambridge symposium 'Contemporary Ice-Sheet Dynamics: ocean interaction, meltwater and non-linear effects'
- Online registration is now open for the Cambridge symposium 'Contemporary Ice-Sheet Dynamics: ocean interaction, meltwater and non-linear effects' .
- The new LaTeX class file and authors' guide have been updated (May 2015). See Authors's info page
- Greenland's "recent mass loss" underestimated – Blog post from Annals of Glaciology author William Colgan
- Friction means Antarctic glaciers more sensitive to climate change than we thought – Press Release from Caltech about paper published in current issue of Journal of Glaciology
- Narrowing the knowledge gap on glaciers in high mountain Asia – Press Release from the IGS Symposium in Kathmandu
- Online registration is now open for the IGS sponsored ‘International Symposium on the Hydrology of Glaciers and Ice Sheets’ to be held in Iceland 21–27 June 2015
- Visit our IGS merchandise page
The International Glaciological Society is registered as a charity in the United Kingdom with the Charity Commissioners, No. 231043.