Founded in 1936 for everyone interested in the science of snow and ice
- Journal of Glaciology
- Annals of Glaciology
- ICE, the news bulletin of the IGS
- Forthcoming IGS symposia and other meetings of interest
- Glacier beds can get slipperier at high sliding speeds – press release to accompany publication of Experimental determination of a double-valued drag relationship for glacier sliding in the Journal of Glaciology
- The first papers for Volume 61, issue 225 of the Journal of Glaciology (the first issue of 2015) are now on line.
- The first papers for Annals of Glaciology 56(70) ‘Contribution of glaciers and ice sheets to sea-level change: observations, modelling and prediction’ are now on line.
- The second circular for the IGS sponsored ‘International Symposium on Contemporary Ice-Sheet Dynamics: ocean interaction, meltwater and non-linear effects’ to be held in Cambridge, UK 17–22 August 2015 is now available on line.
- The current issue of ICE (issue 165) is now available on line to members.
- Press release to accompany publication of Bed topography of Jakobshavn Isbræ, Greenland, and Byrd Glacier, Antarctica in Journal of Glaciology: KU radars provide critical remap of glaciers tied to sea level rise
- Online registration for the 'International Symposium on Glaciology in High-Mountain Asia', due to be held 1–6 March 2015, in Kathmandu, Nepal, is now open. Access the second circular.
- The first circular for the IGS sponsored ‘International Symposium on the Hydrology of Glaciers and Ice Sheets’ to be held in Iceland 21–27 June 2015 is now available on line.
- Authors can now opt for full ‘Gold Open Access’ for their publications in any IGS journal
- Visit our IGS merchandise page
The International Glaciological Society is registered as a charity in the United Kingdom with the Charity Commissioners, No. 231043.