Founded in 1936 for everyone interested in the science of snow and ice
- The latest issue of ICE, no. 162, is now available on line to members
- The first papers for Journal of Glaciology volume 60, issue 219 are now available on line
- The first papers have been accepted for Annals of Glaciology volume 55, issue 67 on the theme of ‘Radioglaciology’
- Anker Weidick has been awarded the Society's Richardson Medal. The medal was presented to him at the 2013 IGS Nordic Branch meeting held in Lammi, Finland on 31 October 2013.
- Call for papers; thematic Annals of Glaciology issue on ‘Contribution of Glaciers and Ice Sheets to Sea-Level Change (observations, modelling and prediction)’.
- Online abstract submission to the IGS sponsored ‘International Symposium on Glaciers and Ice Sheets Contribution to Sea-Level Change: observations, modelling and prediction’, 26–30 May 2014, Chamonix, France, is now open.
- Online registration for the IGS sponsored International Symposium on Sea Ice in a Changing Environment to be held 9–14 March 2014 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, is now open
- The IGS is sad to announce the passing of Stan Paterson on 8 October 2013. Stan was an honorary member of the IGS and a Richardson Medal recipient.
- Dr John W. Glen has been awarded the Society's Richardson Medal. The medal was presented to him at the 2013 IGS British Branch meeting in Loughborough.
- The IGS is proud to announce that Professor Yang Zhenniang has been made an honorary member of the IGS. This was announced at the IGS Annual General Meeting held in Beijing on 31 July 2013
- Authors can now opt for full ‘Gold Open Access’ for their publications in any IGS journal
- Visit our new IGS merchandise page
- The IGS takes great pleasure in announcing the award of the Seligman Crystal to Professor Paul Duval of Grenoble, France
- Online registration for the IGS Nordic Branch meeting to be held 31 October–2 November 2013 in Lammi, Finland, is now open
The International Glaciological Society is registered as a charity in the United Kingdom with the Charity Commissioners, No. 231043.