Founded in 1936 for everyone interested in the science of snow and ice
- Journal of Glaciology
- Annals of Glaciology
- ICE, the news bulletin of the IGS
- Forthcoming IGS symposia and other meetings of interest
- Greenland's "recent mass loss" underestimated – Blog post from Annals of Glaciology author William Colgan
- Friction means Antarctic glaciers more sensitive to climate change than we thought – Press Release from Caltech about paper published in current issue of Journal of Glaciology
- Narrowing the knowledge gap on glaciers in high mountain Asia – Press Release from the IGS Symposium in Kathmandu
- The second circular for the IGS sponsored ‘International Symposium on the Hydrology of Glaciers and Ice Sheets’ to be held in Iceland 21–27 June 2015 is now available on line. Abstract submission for this conference is now closed. Online registration is now open.
- The current issue of ICE (issue 166) is now available on line to members
- Robert H. 'Bob' Thomas, a long standing member of the IGS has died at the age of 77
- Journal of Glaciology volume 61, issue 225 (the first issue of 2015) is now complete on line
- The online abstract submission for the IGS sponsored ‘International Symposium on Contemporary Ice-Sheet Dynamics: ocean interaction, meltwater and non-linear effects’ to be held in Cambridge, UK 16–21 August 2015 is now open. Access the second circular on the same page.
- Glacier beds can get slipperier at high sliding speeds – press release to accompany publication of Experimental determination of a double-valued drag relationship for glacier sliding in the Journal of Glaciology
- Press release to accompany publication of Bed topography of Jakobshavn Isbræ, Greenland, and Byrd Glacier, Antarctica in Journal of Glaciology: KU radars provide critical remap of glaciers tied to sea level rise
- The first papers for Annals of Glaciology 56(70) ‘Contribution of glaciers and ice sheets to sea-level change: observations, modelling and prediction’ are now on line.
- Authors can now opt for full ‘Gold Open Access’ for their publications in any IGS journal
- Visit our IGS merchandise page
The International Glaciological Society is registered as a charity in the United Kingdom with the Charity Commissioners, No. 231043.