Founded in 1936 for everyone interested in the science of snow and ice
- Journal of Glaciology
- Annals of Glaciology
- ICE, the news bulletin of the IGS
- Forthcoming IGS symposia and other meetings of interest
- Online registration now open for the 'International Symposium on Interactions of Ice Sheets and Glaciers with the Ocean', due to be held 10–15 July 2016, in La Jolla, California, USA.
- The new issue of ICE (169) is now available on line to members
- The International Glaciological Society (IGS) and Cambridge University Press are pleased to announce the formation of a new publishing partnership beginning in January 2016. Under the new partnership Cambridge University Press will publish the Journal of Glaciology and Annals of Glaciology on behalf of IGS.
Read the full press release here.
- La velocidad de los glaciares (CONICET press release)
- Mass gains of Antarctic ice sheet greater than losses (NASA news release)
- Glaciers melt faster than ever (news release from the University of Zurich)
- Historical note on glaciology and nanotechnology, by John F. Nye
- Greenland’s ‘recent mass loss’ underestimated – Blog post from Annals of Glaciology author William Colgan
- Friction means Antarctic glaciers more sensitive to climate change than we thought – Press Release from Caltech about paper published in current issue of Journal of Glaciology
- Visit our IGS merchandise page
The International Glaciological Society is registered as a charity in the United Kingdom with the Charity Commissioners, No. 231043.