Founded in 1936 for everyone interested in the science of snow and ice
- Press release from IRSTEA reports newly published Journal of Glaciology paper Physical and societal statistics for a century of snow avalanche hazards on Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands (1910-2010) by Evgeny A. Podolskiy and others
- The program for the IGS sponsored ‘International Symposium on Glaciers and Ice Sheets Contribution to Sea-Level Change: observations, modelling and prediction’, 26–30 May 2014, Chamonix, France is now online. NOTE: THE symposium is oversubscribed and unfortunately we cannot accept any more delegates.
- The first paper for Journal of Glaciology volume 60, issue 221 is now available on line.
- The new issue of ICE (issue 163) is now available on line to members as a PDF
- Press releases from ETH Zürich: (Glacier simulation sheds light on accident after 88 years) and Freie Universität (Tod im Eis) report newly published Journal of Glaciology paper Modelling the trajectory of the corpses of mountaineers who disappeared in 1926 on Aletschgletscher, Switzerland by Guillaume Jouvet and Martin Funk
- Press release from Unversity of Utrecht: Disappearing snow increases risk of collapsing ice shelves in Antarctica reports newly published Journal of Glaciology paper Firn air depletion as a precursor of Antarctic ice-shelf collapse by Peter Kuipers Munneke and others
- Abstract submission for the 'International Symposium on the Changing Arctic Cryosphere' to be held in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 18–22 August 2014 is now open
- Authors can now opt for full ‘Gold Open Access’ for their publications in any IGS journal
- Visit our IGS merchandise page
The International Glaciological Society is registered as a charity in the United Kingdom with the Charity Commissioners, No. 231043.