Founded in 1936 for everyone interested in the science of snow and ice
- Journal of Glaciology
- Annals of Glaciology
- ICE, the news bulletin of the IGS
- Forthcoming IGS symposia and other meetings of interest
- The first paper for Annals of Glaciology volume 56, issue 68 is now available on line.
- The first circular for the IGS sponsored ‘International Symposium on Contemporary Ice-Sheet Dynamics: ocean interaction, meltwater and non-linear effects’ to be held in Cambridge, UK 17–22 August 2015 is now available on line.
- The current issue of ICE (issue 164) is available on line to members
- The second circular for the IGS sponsored ‘International Symposium on Glaciology in High-Mountain Asia’ to be held in Kathmandu, Nepal 1–6 March 2015 is now available on line.
- Online registration and abstract submission is now open for the 2014 IGS Nordic Branch annual meeting. This year the meeting is held in Iceland at a venue close to Mýrdalsjökull. The dates for the meeting are 30 October–1 November.
- Registration is now open for the IGS co-sponsored Claridenfirn-Symposium to be held 22–24 August in Zürich, Switzerland
- It is with great sadness that the IGS reports the death on 27 May of Charles Swithinbank, a past President and an Honorary Member of the Society.
- The 2014 IGS British Branch annual meeting and the UK Antarctic Research symposium will be held at the Bristol Glaciology Centre, University of Bristol, 8–9 September for the BB meeting, immediately followed by the UK Antarctic symposium on 10–11 September. Online registration and abstract submission for the two meetings are now closed.
- The first circular for the IGS sponsored ‘International Symposium on the Hydrology of Glaciers and Ice Sheets’ to be held in Iceland 21–27 June 2015 is now available on line.
- Authors can now opt for full ‘Gold Open Access’ for their publications in any IGS journal
- Visit our IGS merchandise page
The International Glaciological Society is registered as a charity in the United Kingdom with the Charity Commissioners, No. 231043.