Founded in 1936 for everyone interested in the science of snow and ice
- Journal of Glaciology
- Annals of Glaciology
- ICE, the news bulletin of the IGS
- Forthcoming IGS symposia and other meetings of interest
- Journal of Glaciology volume 60, issue 222 is now complete on line.
- Online abstract submission for the 'International Symposium on Glaciology in High-Mountain Asia', due to be held 1–6 March 2015, in Kathmandu, Nepal, is now open. Access the second circular and register your interest to attend on the same page.
- The first circular for the IGS sponsored ‘International Symposium on Contemporary Ice-Sheet Dynamics: ocean interaction, meltwater and non-linear effects’ to be held in Cambridge, UK 17–22 August 2015 is now available on line.
- The current issue of ICE (issue 164) is available on line to members
- Online registration and abstract submission is now open for the 2014 IGS Nordic Branch annual meeting. This year the meeting is held in Iceland at a venue close to Mýrdalsjökull. The dates for the meeting are 30 October–1 November.
- It is with great sadness that the IGS reports the death on 27 May of Charles Swithinbank, a past President and an Honorary Member of the Society.
- The first circular for the IGS sponsored ‘International Symposium on the Hydrology of Glaciers and Ice Sheets’ to be held in Iceland 21–27 June 2015 is now available on line.
- Authors can now opt for full ‘Gold Open Access’ for their publications in any IGS journal
- Visit our IGS merchandise page
The International Glaciological Society is registered as a charity in the United Kingdom with the Charity Commissioners, No. 231043.