- The Seligman Crystal is awarded to a single person or a collaborative group/team that has made exceptional scientific contributions to glaciology
- The Richardson Medal is awarded to a single person or a collaborative group/team that has provided outstanding service to the International Glaciological Society and/or to glaciology
- Honorary Membership recognizes individuals who have made outstanding contributions to glaciology at a national or regional level
- The Early Career Scientist Award is given in recognition of significant scientific and/or community contributions to glaciology by an early career scientist
NEW THIS YEAR!:
- The Firn Award is given in recognition of significant scientific and community contributions to glaciology by a mid-career scientist
IGS members are invited to recognize their colleagues by submitting nominations as a single file, marked confidential, to the IGS Secretary General (magnus [at] igsoc.org) and the Chair of the Awards Committee (jbassis [at] umich.edu). Nominations are due 30 November 2023.